Thursday, August 30, 2012

POETS CHANGE THE WORLD

September 29, 2012 marks the second annual global event of 100 Thousand Poets for Change, a grassroots organization that brings poets, artists, and musicians together to call for environmental, social, and political change, within the framework of peace and sustainability. The local focus is key to this global event as communities around the world raise their voices through concerts, readings, workshops, flash mobs and demonstrations that speak to the heart of their specific area of concerns, such as homelessness, ecocide, racism and censorship.

Look for events near you. If you know of a scheduled event, please let me know so I can post that information here. In the meantime, I'll be looking myself for information I can share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment