Monday, February 18, 2013

HE'S NOT LEAVING THE BOOK WORLD

There are major changes coming for Zimmer Books and Maps, but rest assured, Lloyd Zimmer is not leaving the book world. See his facebook announcement below (shamelessly copied).

It is with a multitude of emotions that I am announcing a major change in my life and the operation of my bookstore at 117 SW 6th Ave. After nearly 12 years, I have decided to close this location, and to consolidate operations in my home at 3001 SW Munson Ave. I will continue to buy and sell quality books, maps, and ephemera, though by appointment ONLY at that address. My phone numbers will remain the same (Business: 785-354-8899; Home: 785-235-9689; Cell: 785-207-6449), as will all online contact information (lloyd@ksbiblio.com). This decision was made for many reasons, though in part so that I may spend more time with loved ones and to scout further from home on a regular basis for the quality material my customers are seeking.

The store closure is effective immediately, though I will be in and out much of the following two months as I pack and remove items from the downtown address. Should you see me inside working, feel free to come in and say hi/goodbye, but NO merchandise will be for sale at this time.

Coming soon to 117 SW 6th Ave., will be Oddfellows: Fine Books and Collectibles, Brandon Rison, Proprietor. This will be a wonderful book store fitting well into the downtown Topeka community. Please visit Brandon when Oddfellows opens and give him your fullest support.

No comments:

Post a Comment