Monday, March 4, 2013

COMING OUT FROM BEHIND THE PRINTING PRESS

I can’t hide behind the printing press any longer My collection of eight short stories, Emergency, No-Guilt Hot Chocolate, will be available no later than March 23, with a signing 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Book Barn, 410 Delaware, in Leavenworth.

Yeah, I know, Leavenworth, that out-of-the way corner of the state of Kansas. Although the stories are all fictional, the whole thing started in Leavenworth, when I won second place in a chocolate recipe contest a few years back. My winning recipe was printed in The Leavenworth Times.

Well, I wove a story out of that event, creating a much younger contest winner, Gabrielle, and her grandmother, Felicienne, who doesn’t always tell the truth. And Shane, a never-boyfriend who seems to have disappeared from Gabrielle’s life.

Other appealing characters (I KNOW they’re appealing because I created them) occupy the other stories, which I hope readers will grow to love as they cheer them through their predicaments.

Hope to see you at The Book Barn.

1 comment: